We hear it all of the time, “If I were president, I would….” I’m no different than anybody else in this regard, and I would like to place my two cents worth into the mix (I just hope I don’t get taxed for that two cent contribution).
If I were president, I would;
- Buy stock in Grecian Formula to maintain my youthful appearance (have you seen how old these people look after a few months in office?).
- I would pick people who actually KNOW more about particular areas than I do, to be in my cabinet.
- On my first day in office, I would forego the Inaugural Parade, and Ball, and instead meet with the Majority / Minority leaders from both houses, and the USSC Chief Justice, to get our expectations on the same page (which means that the American Citizen comes FIRST, and everyone else thereafter).
- I would severely limit my travel to other nations, or around the United States, except when it is a necessity. I would not travel around to promote my agenda, nor would I travel abroad to apologize for whatever the United States has done, or not done.
- I would severely limit how much money is spent on White House affairs (i.e: Birthday celebrations, dinners, etc.), and vacations, and out that savings back into helping Americans get out of financial trouble.
- I would set the example by asking for a reduction is wages, and expect the congress to do likewise. I would also ask for a Constitutional Amendment where raises for government representatives be based on merit (approval ratings by their respected districts or states), including the president, vice president, and the Supreme Court justices. If an employer can give you a raise based on performance, then why not a politician?
- I would demand that spending be slashed by 50%, and borrowing be slashed by 90%. The savings would be applied towards paying down the national debt. Obama said, “I want the world to know that the United States pays their bills.” What a great way to show that than by becoming fiscally responsible in the paying of debts, instead of making them bigger?
- I would demand that multiple departments doing the same job, be consolidated into one department, under one boss, and then streamlined to prevent the left hand from not knowing what the right hand is doing.
- I would demand that the budget be reduced to allow taxes to go down on Americans. You can’t pay with what you don’t have. Plus the government needs to learn to start tightening their belts a little, just like they expect us to do.
- I would demand that any immigrant living in the United States become a citizen within two years after I take office, or be tossed out. It shouldn’t take that long to apply for citizenship, learn the history, take the test, and become a citizen.
- I would demand that the laws of this nation be followed by all forms of government within the United States (local, county, state, and federal). I would also set up a panel to look at the laws, find out what pertains, what is current, and what is valid, and have the remainder removed. Do we need laws about walking a whale down Main Street only at certain times of the day?
- I would demand that Mexico, and whatever other nation people immigrate here illegally from, be more responsible for their own people, and to stop sending them here.
- I would rebuild the military and respect it. As a veteran, that is my duty and responsibility.
- I would demand that the US Supreme Court stop ruling by the heart, and start ruling per the laws and Constitution of the United States of America.
- I would demand that all American citizens have equal voice in this nation…including Christians.
- I would not get involved in matters that do not involve the Office of the President of the United States of America. Hence, I would not get involved in situations like: the Thomas Gates affair, Trayvon Martin affair, Major Hassan affair, etc. However, being the Commander-in-Chief, I would get involved in situations like Hassan’s, because it happened on a military base, and I would demand the death penalty for him, instead of letting him sit in jail to be pardoned upon the end of my 2nd term (like Obama is doing).
- I would not expect anyone to do anything that I would not be willing to do. The pay cut is a prime example.
- I would demand that the tax payers stop paying for former politicians, unless they retired from government service. If they were voted out, they cannot retire, and are not eligible for pension.
- I would give a stimulus to anyone who can put together a team, build a product, prove the necessity of that product, prove they can build it in the United States, hire only American citizens to build that product, and agree to not move it to anywhere else in the world. They must also agree to keep prices low, in order to become globally competitive, and remain union free. Failure to do so will result in repayment of the stimulus money with interest.
- I would demand that we stop cutting down our woodlands, and grasslands, to build shopping centers and housing editions, and begin reusing the empty structures that already exist. Does it make sense to have 50 shopping centers in a town, and only two, or three, stores out of a dozen actually have a business in them? Does it make sense to continue building housing editions when there are so many empty homes in the existing editions?
- I would demand that all of my administration take ethics, compliance, Constitution, and accountability courses within the first year of my administration. This will alleviate the scandals that are rocking the White Hizzle today, and replace the trust in the government that has been lost over the years.
- I would do away with the ‘Do-as-I-say, and Not-as-I-do’ mentality that exists in the government today. These people are representatives of the people of their districts and states, not gods or masters.
- I would be a frequent visitor to the Congress if they can’t get the job done. My office is in Washington D.C., and that’s where I would plan to spend the vast majority of my time. If they want to play games, then they’ll do it under my watchful eye, and I’ll let the public know who is playing what games, and what it’s costing them in the meantime. Congress needs to learn that the people come before politics.
These are but a few of the things I would do. There are many, many others, but I haven’t had lunch yet, and I have things to do. The point is to get the people thinking again, and to get the government to realize what priority #1 is again. Priority #1 is not them, their buddies, other nations, or piddly little crap that is expensive and makes no difference to humanity whatsoever. It is the citizens of this land that come first. They pay taxes, vote, bleed, sweat, and die in this nation every day. If it weren’t for the citizens, we would have no government at all, now would we?
So write my name in on the next election, or coerce me to run for office in some capacity or another, and I’ll do the job to the best of my abilities. That’s about all I can do, when you think about it.